Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Found the Truck

Well the truck turned up. My dad was heading to a meeting in downtown Fort Worth, when he saw my truck sitting on the side of the highway. As you can tell from the pictures it has been completely stripped of everything valuable. The police have it and they are doing a crime scene investigation on it to see if they find anything. Unfortunately the truck was completely dounced in gasoline to try and get rid of any fingerprints. The Police said this was the result of a "Chop Shop." Billy Rhodes(our insurance agent) seems to think that State Farm will just write it off as a complete loss, and give us the retail value of the truck. Which sucks for us because my truck wasnt just a regular 1998 silverado. It had tons of extras (rims, off-road tires, flowmaster exhaust, grill guard, nerf bars, etc.) that probably wont be covered by insurance. Here are some pictures. The first picture is of the truck before it was stolen.


(Before)


(Side view, broken passenger window, old tires, nerf bars gone, chrome siding gone)

( Front view, no grill or grill guard, no license plate, no tow hooks)
(Up close image)
Inside the cab, no seats, console, anything, just stripped completely down to the carpet, stereo everything is gone, as you can see they had to use a lawn chair to drive it)
(Rear view, surprisingly enough they left the tail gate, but they ripped off everything including the chevrolet emblem, they even took off my stickers that I had on my bumper. You can also tell they tried to get the chrome bed rail off but I used super-powered sticky glue so that thing wasn't coming off. Idiots.)

(Here is the inside of the bed, obviously no four-wheeler, but here is what's left over from the inside of the cab.)




The weird part is they broke out the passenger window to get in the truck but then had a key to start the ignition, which they left on the floorboard after they dumped it. All of our keys are acounted for so we have know clue how they got an ignition key. Pray that the everything goes smoothly with State Farm Insurance that way I can give my mom her car back. I'm glad we found the truck but I was sure dissappointed when I saw the shape it was in. I will keep updating the blog if I findout any new info.

5 comments:

Staci said...

It's an answer to prayer that it was found...but it really stinks that it was so trashed! I'm sorry! We'll keep praying about the insurance stuff.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty incredible... disappointing as well... Brum and I signed up to win a new Rancher and hopefully we will win, if so, it'll probably be coming your way Carl.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this was God's way of protecting you from a bad 4 wheeler accident that was going to happen soon. Not much consolation - but why not look for the good!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Wow! How incredible that your dad just happened upon it. That is pretty outrageous! Hopefully, everything will work out with the insurance and you will be in a new truck soon!

Juli Beth

Anonymous said...

Aww..that's sad. You lost all important accessories, the nerf bars and stuff. What are the odds. your Dad was able to spot/recover your truck!