Monday, October 29, 2007

Prayer Request

Hey guys last night my truck was stolen from the Gold's Gym parking lot. I would really appreciate it if you could pray that the police find it dumped somewhere. I had just got back in town from deer hunting in Arkansas so my four-wheeler was still in the back. The police said that is what the thieves were after. I also had my cell phone, iPod, deer rifle, shotgun, backpack with about 600 dollars worth of textbooks, and I just put 70 dollars worth of gas in it. They said that the four-wheeler is gone, there is no chance of finding it. There is a 50/50 chance that they will either strip the truck of everything valuable and dump it somewhere or they could just burn it. I am really thankful that they only got material things. Luckily Maddie was not in the truck. She usually comes with me to go workout. I don't know what we would have done if we had lost her. It is amazing how quickly a pet becomes part of the family. Anyways, I know that Trisha and I will be okay, and in 10 years from now this will just be a speed bump in life, but right now it sure feels like we are climbing Mt. Everest. Thanks for the prayers. I will keep you updated if I get any new information.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Criminals are one of the lowest life forms on the earth. Selfish, greedy, uncaring, thoughtless, and lazy. Why don't they work for what they want instead of stealing?

Steve

Staci said...

You've got to be kidding me! I can't believe that someone would be so low! We are so spoiled where we live. People leave their trucks loaded up like that (with keys in and running) while they go in to eat...or go to the store, etc. I love how trusting you can be in a small town. It stinks that it can't be the same way in a big city!

I just can't believe that this really happened to you! I'm so glad that Maddie wasn't in the truck! Know that Mike and I will be praying for y'all.

Ann Hastings said...

I am sorry to hear that- my Jeep was broken into last Thursday and they broke my window, ripped out my CD player, stole our sunglasses... it was a mess. 8 cars were broken into and 1 was stolen from our parking garage at our apartment- it's a nightmare for us and mine wasn't even stolen! I will be praying for you!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I am so sorry for you guys! I know that it feels like such a violation and it's scary. I'm glad that none of you were hurt. I am also thankful for you guys that it was only material things, but don't discount the fact that it hurts. It's okay to be sad about missing those things and frustrated about the money!!! I'm proud of you for being strong and knowing that God will take care of you.

Juli Beth